BDA Good Practice Award
We are proud to have held this prestigious award since 2008, the first in Glossopdale to do so.
The Scheme is a quality assurance framework for UK dental practices. By being a member of the scheme, our practice demonstrates a visible commitment to providing high quality dental care to nationally recognised best practice standards. See here: BDA Good Practice Scheme
The following ten-point commitment is at the heart of the Good Practice Scheme:
- We aim to provide dental care of consistently good quality for all patients
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving dental care
- We follow current guidelines on infection control
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
- Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
Our training and systems help us to maintain and improve our standards. As part of this we have Clinical Audit, Peer Review and Clinical Governance in addition to ongoing internal and external training.
Health and Safety
We take all necessary precautions to safeguard you and our staff. We follow recommended guidelines with regard to sterilisation of instruments and the use of disposable items, e.g. gloves and needles. We have a new dedicated sterilisation room in line with the current best practice guidelines. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
General Dental Council
All clinical staff and nurses are registered with the General Dental Council Our team details give our registration numbers. As part of our registration we all complete more than the minimum Continuing Professional Development requirements.
We continually invest in your practice to improve infrastructure and service. Recent investment includes:-
- Local Decontamination Unit with latest sterilisation equipment
- Upgraded Practice Management Computer system
- Self check-in screens.
- E-mail communication ability.
- Improved SMS texting capability.
- Digital x-ray system, lower doses and quicker results.
- Redecoration of Public Areas, Treatment Rooms 2and 3.
- Extended opening hours, including lunch times.
- TV screens for Information and Entertainment.
Station House Dental Practice is always pleased to receive constructive feedback on our services and suggestions for improvements.
Please ask to speak to our Practice Manager, Catherine Balmer, or fill in our comments form. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our care or treatment, please bring your concerns to any member of staff. If they are unable to resolve this directly, they may ask you to speak to Catherine.
Written complaints should be addressed to Samantha Scanlon, our complaints manager at the practice.
If having gone through our Practice-based Complaints Procedure you remain dissatisfied, you can still use the following:
Private Patients: the independent Dental Complaints Service or call 0845 6120540.
NHS patients: NHS England PO Box 16738 Redditch B97 9PT, Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Cheshire Oaks Business Park