At Station House Dental Practice it is no longer necessary to see a dentist before booking a Dental Hygiene appointment. We offer Direct Access to our hygienist Rebecca for all patients whether of this practice, another practice or none.
In the UK over 50% of the population suffer from moderate to advanced periodontal (gum) disease. More adults lose teeth through gum disease than through tooth decay. This is an entirely preventable disease and its treatment includes seeing and working with a dental hygienist to improve and maintain gum health. Please click here for more information on gum disease and how it can be treated.
Station House Dental Practice has a range of dental hygiene services designed to suit your differing dental health needs and requirements. We hope this new approach will make dental health care accessible to all.
If Rebecca identifies an issue whilst performing her duties, she may recommend a referral to a dentist. Remember a visit to the hygienist does not remove the need for periodic examinations by a dentist.
You can book either of the following Direct Access Appointments, the special price for each of these is £82 (Airflow Spa Polish only suitable where stain only present):
Direct Access Healthy Smile Appointment:-
This is specially designed for those who are new to the Practice.
First we will assess your oral health and advise you on your treatment needs.
- Advice on plaque control and periodontal (gum) health.
- Preventive techniques to reduce decay and gum disease.
- Scale and polish to remove hard plaque and smooth the surface of the teeth.
Rebecca our Hygienist/Therapist will spend time with you to remove hard plaque and most importantly show you the skills tools and techniques you need to remove plaque from every surface of every tooth every day.
This will help keep you dentally healthy and:
- eat what you like for life
- less risk of future treatment
- a healthier heart and other organs
Rebecca will be able to give specific help and advice for your mouth, but see here for general help and advice.
Direct Access Airflow Spa Polish Appointment:-First we will assess your oral health and advise you on your treatment needs. It may be that Airflow may not be suitable for you initially, in which case you will have a Healthy Smile Appointment as above.
A Fresh New Look
If you want your smile to be the best it can possibly be, you need to go for AirFlow.
AirFlow Spa Polishing is a private treatment that gives the Ultimate in stain removal, resulting in your teeth being as naturally white as possible – and all without the hygienist actually touching your teeth! .
To get the best results some prior hard plaque removal may be required.
The advantages of AirFlow in a nutshell:
- Removes dental plaque upto 5mm and hence helps prevent gum diseases such as gingivitis or periodontitis.
- Removes teeth stains more comfortably than polishing or scaling.
- Helps maintain implants in good health.
- Cleans and opens fissures for sealing.
- Excellent for cleaning round fixed braces, and great for cleaning up after braces taken off.
- Gives you that clean feeling without the vibrations of a scale
This treatment is a great choice for those that have extensive staining or for patients who want more than a straight forward Scale & Polish and Plaque Control appointment.
How does Airflow Spa Polishing work?
The Airflow polishing system streams water, fine powder particles, and air through a small nozzle onto the surfaces of the patients teeth to polish the surface and remove debris. Plaque, soft deposits and staining disappear quickly and painlessly – even from areas in-between the teeth and at the gums. Removal of plaque avoids the growth of biofilm which is a breeding ground for bacteria that can be resistant to drug therapy and the body’s immune system .
Airflow is able to get into the nooks and cranny’s of your teeth, and upto 5mm into the gap between your teeth and gums.Thus giving you an overall really effective good clean, leaving you with clean, healthy teeth and gums. It is also much more comfortable than normal cleaning and polishing.
Are there any dangers using Airflow?
No, the Airflow system has been designed to be a safe hygiene treatment:
- The mixture used is non toxic and if accidently swallowed , will not cause any harm to the patient
- This is a completely non invasive treatment and will cause no pain to the patient
- With the gentle application of kinetic energy, it causes no damage and will not scratch the tooth surface. In short, the Airflow Stain Removal method is the key to success for a white smile.
The results are immediate. You’ll feel and see the difference as soon as the AirFlow Spa Polish treatment has been completed.
[TOP TIP: don’t wear your best black top to your airflow appointment because you will come away with a fine dusting of minute white particles around the neck area]